[cisco-voip] DTMF conversion paired with transcoding functionality - C3945E

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:06:39 EDT 2011

I don't think you will be able to differentiate between calls that
need DTMF conversions and those that don't.  Both types will hit the
same dial peers.  Unless some come in with different codecs than the
others, you'll use the transcoder any time there is a codec mismatch.
I don't think it will invoke the transcoder for a dtmf mismatch.
Should be something you can test in the lab though.

-nick