[cisco-voip] How long Does LDAP Full Sync take?

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 05:52:55 EDT 2011

Thank you all for your assistance. I had the majority of the directory in
the system but as customers go they wanted non-real person accounts, thus
the last name missing. Once they added a pseudo last name they showed up in
cucm. Life was good. I cutover this weekend to cucm 1000+ phones.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Matthew Ballard <mballard at otis.edu> wrote:

>  Just a ldap client using the same username/password as the UCM server
> with access to port 389 on the ad server would be sufficient (and slightly
> more accurate as a test).
>
> Matthew Ballard
> Network Manager
> Otis College of Art and Design
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jul 28, 2011, at 12:32 PM, "Lelio Fulgenzi" <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>

> I think people have chimed in, but to add my two cents:
>
>    - after you click perform sync button, you can go back and check until
>    the button no longer says cancel sync
>    - we've got about 45,000 entries and i'm pretty sure it only takes
>    about 15 minutes to do a sync (the first time might have taken quite a bit
>    longer though)
>
> The best thing to do is to get a windows PC that has AD rights/privileges
> and you can see for yourself live. We use this on many occasions to "prove"
> to our AD folks that a change hasn't been replicated in the AD system yet.
>
> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
> (519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
> Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
>                               - LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)

Greg Wenzel, CCVP