[cisco-voip] CUBE Translations

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:49:12 EDT 2011

Hey Guys,

I have what seems to be a very basic question regarding SIP and
translations. But i just dont have a way to test it and its a production
box.

I have a scenario where we are modifying the diversion header for a customer
for their outbound calls. That is all good and works as we want it to.
There is another GW that the IOS version on it 12.4.15T10 doesn't support
SIP diversion commands. At this point they cant upgrade the IOS on it.
I have tried to find a way to modify the same fields without using the SIP
commands. A colleague of mine thinks we can use the "redirect-called"
command to accomplish the same thing.
I have always used "redirect-called" for calls that are inbound from an
external source and cfwd to another external source. In this case
we aren't doing that, we are actually trying to send a toll free number as
the ANI and using one of their DID's in the Diversion field for
authentication, and that works on the more current GW's.

The carrier that this customer is using SIP with, authenticates on the
"Diversion" field first, then on the "from" field in the SIP header.

Below is how im modifying the SIP diversion field:

voice class sip-profiles 100

request INVITE sip-header Remote-Party-ID remove

request INVITE sip-header Diversion add "Diversion:
<sip:xxxxxxxxxx at xx.xx.xx.xx>"

!

Regards,

Joel P