[cisco-voip] FW: Cisco CUBE Sip to Sip Question

Andreas Sikkema asikkema at unet.nl
Fri Jun 17 12:12:48 EDT 2011

On 17 June 2011 18:06, Paul <asobihoudai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> That'll only match two digits though. 9 and one other digit.
>
> e.g.
>
> 9[2-9]...... will only match seven digit dial in the US.
>
> I only use the T operator for international destination-patterns as it is required for all international destination access.

I am assuming a SIP to SIP scenario, so I may be a little off

According to Cisco website:
"To specify either the prefix or the full E.164 telephone number to be
used for a dial peer, use the destination-pattern command in dial peer
configuration mode"

So you could even just match on just the 9. No need for the T. If you
want to be more specific you can, but the T is not necessary for most
SIP destinations because there's no need to gather digits, they all
arrive in one go anyway.

--
Andreas Sikkema
Senior Service Engineer