[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7.1.5 & IMAP

Mike Wilusz (miwilusz) miwilusz at cisco.com
Wed Mar 2 14:01:43 EST 2011

Teressa,

Take a look here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administrati
on/guide/7xcucsag170.html#wp1052183

-mike

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Corson, Teressa
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:06 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7.1.5 & IMAP

Hi,

We're experimenting with using an IMAP mailbox in our Outlook (2003 and
2007) clients to receive voice mails.  We're running Unity Connection
7.1.5.30000-1 and the UC server is relaying off one of our Exchange
servers.  It seems to be working fine.  Just one tweak I'd like to
make...is there a way that we can pass caller ID from the phone to the
email?  When we receive an email with an attached voice mail (a .wav
file) the subject line has the caller ID, IF the caller was part of our
VOIP system.  However, for an outside number it just says "unknown
caller," even if the phone shows the caller ID.  Is there a setting to
enable the caller ID that shows on the phone to also show in the email
subject?

I know there were multiple ways to set up the receipt of VMs via email
but this seemed to be the simplest.  Also, since we're state government,
we're perpetually broke so I need a no-cost solution.  J

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Teressa Corson, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA-Voice
TSS VI, Operations
Network Operations
NH Department of Information Technology
603-223-5727
www.nh.gov/doit

Statement of Confidentiality:  The contents of this message are
confidential.  Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or
dissemination (either in whole or in part) is prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the message from your system.