[cisco-voip] Emergency Responder 2.x to 8.5(1) Paper PAK for new .lic ?

Eric Butcher Eric.Butcher at cdw.com
Wed Mar 2 16:07:28 EST 2011

Well, you should technically get a paper PAK for the 8.x feature license... But the Server and user licenses should come from your migration.

A lot of Cisco's upgrade part numbers are goofy and don't include a PAK when they should...  I've run into this with both CER and UCCX 8.x.

If you have UCSS, Order the 7.1 upgrade, and the 7.1 to 8.5-only upgrade.  This will get you the feature PAKS for the versions you're running.  The thought process on Cisco's side is the 1.x/2.x DMA run will get you server and user licenses.  For some reason the upgrade part numbers don't account for the need for that feature license.

Eric Butcher
Cisco Unified Communications Engineer
CDW Professional Services
11711 N Meridian, Ste 225