[cisco-voip] CRS 7.0(1)SR05_Build504 recording woes

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 16:27:59 EST 2011

SR 616615493

Customer appears to be trying to monitor and record all agent conversations.
Some agents conversations are normal and QA is able to listen to recordings
without issue. Other recordings are either non-existent or audio is severely
degraded to the unintelligible point.

CRS box has both NICs active with second NIC in monitor mode and configured as
secondary NIC.

IP phones do not have their ports in SPAN mode. TAC engineer has stated SPAN is
not necessary for server recording feature. I read in other online resources
that SPAN on IP phone *is* necessary.

>From what I've gathered, in order to do server-based recording of all agents, I
need to have the second NIC on the CRS box be SPAN (obviously) and I need the IP
phones' ports in SPAN mode as well. I can't find any confirmation of this in the
Cisco documentation?... SRND nope...AG..nope...install guide...nope...