[cisco-voip] backup strategy - pub and tftp? (V7)

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:40:08 EST 2011

I've restored my cluster in the lab by installing each node and then
using DRS to restore from backup, starting with pub (obviously), then
tftp, then the subs. Is there a benefit to adding them as a new sub
versus restoring from backup? One of my subs is also a secondary TFTP
server so I would probably restore that one from the backup also even
if I re-added other subs from scratch.

Every time i've replaced a sub (hardware replacement), I've installed
CM on the new server and then restored the DRS backup to that sub,
seems to work out just fine.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Just wondering what people's strategy for backups are. We have a pub, a
> dedicated TFTP server and four subs. In the past I believe the recommended
> approach was to recover the pub from backup and rebuild subs from scratch.
> Having the TFTP server backed up though would allow us to ensure our TFTP
> directories are populated correctly.
>
> What are others doing? Are you simply backing up the pub and ensuring you
> have all the files necessary to repopulate the TFTP server?
>

> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
> (519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
> Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
>                               - LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)

Ed Leatherman