[cisco-voip] CUBAC - Forced Delivery and Shared Lines

Brian Schultz bms314 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:50:10 EST 2011

We are running CUBAC 8.5 with two operator licenses and CUCM 8.5.  Our main
number is a shared line across several phones so it can be answered in
several different areas.  If I login to CUBAC using the main number DN (1000
for example), then forced delivery will successfully still ring all of the
phones as well as allow the CUBAC operator to answer the call.  This however
poses two issues:

1)  If the CUBAC operator answers a call and a second call comes in, forced
delivery no longer pushes the call to all of the phones sharing DN 1000.  I
can change the RNA timeout on the CTI ports to something low like 5 seconds
and forward to 1000, but that is inefficient.  Not sure why forced delivery
doesn't work with a second call.

2)  The second receptionist is unable to login to CUBAC using the same 1000
DN because it is already in use.  If they login with their personal
extension, then inbound calls to the main number CFNA to that personal
voicemail and forced delivery to the shared line is broken again.

I tried to overcome this by creating a broadcast hunt group instead of a
shared line.  Unfortunately, the CUBAC operator can't login with the hunt
pilot number because it is considered an invalid extension.  This also
breaks my attempt at forced delivery to ring all of the phones
simultaneously when the CUBAC operator is logged in because the extension is
unique on all phones within the hunt group.

Can anyone think of another way to make this work?  My goal is to have all 6
phones ring simultaneously for calls to the main number and have up to two
operators be able to login and handle calls through CUBAC.  Of course, this
worked well with the old built-in Cisco AC.  :-)

Thanks,
Brian