[cisco-voip] Configuring H.323 Calling Name Display

James.Brown at barclayswealth.com James.Brown at barclayswealth.com
Mon Mar 7 12:59:40 EST 2011

Hi Mike,

Some remote PBXs use a SETUP message with an enclosed Facility Information element. Buffering refers to those who instead send a completely separate FACILITY message containing the name information to display. The gateway would have to buffer (in Cisco parlance) for a few milliseconds to collate the SETUP and the calling name information. Your choice depends on what your provider's equipment sends to you.

I don't have personal experience of using this command, but I would lean towards applying it globally at the "voice service voip" level if you know you want to use it on every T1/E1 circuit. Otherwise, I presume the voice class would need to be associated with your incoming pots dial-peer, but this doesn't seem to be documented.

Hope this helps

James.