[cisco-voip] E1 DID Two stage dialing

Jawad A Hai ahjawad at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:27:13 EST 2011

Hello All,

I have a strange problem since morning. We have about 200 DID numbers from the PTT and we have about 25 of them configured on user phones and few of them are being translated to local extensions.
WE have cisco 2921 as gateway and with E1 controller cards. We have E1 R2.
The PTT forwards last four digits to us on DID numbers. but from morning if some body dials into our DID number they get a second dial tone, and from there they are able to reach any local exntesion since we have dial peers configured.
Its like this we have number 217 2222, if some body calls this number they hear another dial tone, and any body can dial our local extensions from here like 1234 is our local exntesion number.
What could have gone wrong at PTT side, I tried to talk but they are admant that nothing is wrong at their end. I don't have any change of configuration either on my side.
Any clues please.

Aali