[cisco-voip] 9971 Phone delay on call setup with SIP trunk?

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:43:13 EST 2011

Anyone have issues with 9971 phone with use with a SIP provider where
you call some numbers (other clients with SIP trunks) and you don't
hear ring back, and you can't hear the other caller for 20-25 seconds
after the call connects? If call goes to voicemail you hear very end
of the unity options, not part of their greeting, etc.

SCCP model phones work fine on the same Call Manager with same SIP
trunk and CSS, etc. If I call from Cisco Mobile client on iPhone on
same Wireless network I don't have this problem.
There is a CUBE in use for connection to the SIP provider.

Have tried 9971 firmware 9.03, 9.0.4, 9.1.1SR1 and same with each
version. Running on call Manager 7.1.5.32900-2 but also had this with
7.1.3b.

Thanks,
Erick