[cisco-voip] cucm 6.1.2.1000-13 bugs that causes virtual shared memory to be 100% consumed?

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 21:17:02 EST 2011

pub, sub, sub...

customer says that they've had to reboot their cluster several times because
users will have IP phones in cfwdall mode but are unable to cancel cfwdall,
they're able to cancel cfwdall but the IP phones still say they're in cfwdall
mode, or users unable to login to agent desktop...yadda yadda.

i investigated one of their subs with RTMT, collected syslog files and trace
files for CCM and DBmon to see plenty of critical errors "out of virtual shared
memory" on syslog and lots of entries for the dbmon logs stating the same thing.
It's a 7835-H2 with 2GB RAM in it supporting almost 700 IP phones. My knee jerk
reaction is to throw another 6GB RAM into the box but I wanted to check to see
if anyone else had the same types of errors that are possibly related to any
bugs out there.