[cisco-voip] SIP and tcl applications

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Mon Mar 21 16:10:22 EDT 2011

Interesting TAC case I had today.
In doing some testing with onramp and offramp faxing, I could not get it working on a SIP trunk.

The problem I kept seeing in the debugs was

 %CALL_CONTROL-6-APP_NOT_FOUND: Application onramp in dial-peer 400 not found.  Handing callid 39880 to the alternate app

When I got to the TAC engineer we went around the dial peers a few times before it was agreed upon that the dial-peers were correctly configured.

Call comes in as full e.164 from the sip provider and we strip all but the last 3.
Then those last three are forwarded on to the lab cluster.

In the end I was told that SIP trunks do not support TCL applications.

In retrospect I question...
Anyone have a different perspective?

Thanks,
Jim