[cisco-voip] Easy On Hold Music question

Mike King me at mpking.com
Thu Mar 24 12:15:26 EDT 2011

We so have a new marketing person, and they want to replace the On hold
music with advertising.   Currently the Same On hold music is applied to
everyone.

We have around 20 different departments, and each one wants to have
different Advertising (We'll have an outside company prepare the Hold music
with the wording we want,  They can output any codec we want)

We currently have 1 Pub, and 2 Subs (and a bunch of remote sites that have
SRST routers that are 2921's)  no Multicast between sites.

So is this possible (I'm 99% positive it is, but I don't want to go into the
meeting without being 100%)

Is this a good idea? (Technical standpoint)

I'm trying to make sure they're isn't a limit like you can only have 5 On
hold music sources or only 10 Device Pools something.

If i remember correctly, MOH can be set Per Device Pool (although it didn't
seem readily apparent there) Per device, or per Line.

Any opinions are being sought as well.

Mike