[cisco-voip] srtp cme to cucm

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 02:19:14 EDT 2011

This is a combination of 3 things - secure CME (secure SCCP), secure
H.323 or SIP, and then a secure CUCM cluster.

Even then you can just encrypt the signaling (TLS) or encrypt the
signal and media (TLS + SRTP).  This is not a small undertaking, as
cryptography has quite a bit of configuration associated.  I would
confirm that there is business justification for either case, as it
adds complexity to many aspects of the implementation and
troubleshooting.

I'm not sure if you'll see much of a difference between H.323 and SIP.
 I prefer SIP just because I can read it better and it's more
future-proof.  More of a personal opinion - others may like H.323
because 'it just works'.

-nick