[cisco-voip] Use an FXO port for outbound calling only - no answering of incoming calls

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Wed May 4 11:08:04 EDT 2011

Hi all -

I'd like to use an FXO port for outbound calling only -

I don't want the port to go offhook    _at all_  for any incoming
call/ring event-

there is other POTS equipment on the same copper pair that should answer
any inbound calls.

Currently, I have no dial-peers at all in it-  but it's still answering
calls even with nothing configured on it.

I can shutdown the ports obviously, but that's rather counterproductive
to using them for outbound calling  ;-)

thanks, Tim