[cisco-voip] Use an FXO port for outbound calling only - no answering of incoming calls

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:00:17 EDT 2011

Or you could go a step ahead - register your 2600 up with a sip
provider, disconnect provider cable from your house, and hook it up to
a fxs port on the 2600.  Now you keep the old lines, save some money
on cancelling the land line.  The telephone lines in my house happened
to be cat5 so I reterminated to rj45 and registered 7960's, and
configured a whole bunch of intercom lines, plus the SIP integration.

-nick