[cisco-voip] Anyone famliar with GUIDs in CallManager/VXML?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri May 6 11:02:26 EDT 2011

Jason,

Can you elaborate a bit more?

My initial interpretation of your post reminds me of a commonly
discussed feature for Cisco UC called "global call id's".  The idea
there is to generate a single GUID to track a call through all products
and features.  This requires passing the GUID in signaling (h323, SIP,
SCCP, MGCP).  The concept garners significant interest.  Implementation
complexity has been prohibitive so far.

This suggests a possibility - the "GUID" referenced may be the h.323
GUID assigned per-call when h.323 is used.  CVP may have exposed that in
original H.323 integrations. SIP does not have a GUID concept AFAIK - we
ran into this with Analysis Manager (see below).  So if you are using
SIP integration there would be no h.323 GUID.  Unless someone took
special steps to translate something from signaling into a GUID there
would be no SIP GUID per say.

The closest that exists today is Analysis Manager:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_0_1/rtmt/ch1_overview.html

This pulls CDRs from CUCM, IPCC, Unity?, and IOS? and uses unique
attributes of signaling (tcp port numbers, h323 guids, sccp call ref
numbers, SIP call ref numbers, ...). I'm not clear of the products
covered in the current release.  All of those were in the original
feature discussion.

Regards,
Wes