[cisco-voip] UC on UCS Installation

Joe Martini joemar2 at cisco.com
Mon May 9 14:43:25 EDT 2011

This might help, "Cisco Unified Communications Manager on Virtualized Servers" (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/virtual/servers.html#wp62036)

Joe

On May 9, 2011, at 2:38 PM, STEVEN CASPER wrote:

I am the proud owner of a couple of UCS-C210M2 boxes but now I have to figure out how to make these work. Trying to initially install these in my lab and install Call Manager on them. Got one of them unboxed and used the quick start and C210 server install guides to power up, connect to the network and configure the CIMC so I can web access it. So far so good but where do I go now? I have been unable to find any good Cisco docs on next steps.

I assume I have to register my ESXi activation codes but where does the Vmware software come from to install. Then what? -  looks like I need to download and register the appropriate OVAs. I have found the wikis but they seem short on details. Is there any comprehensive document on how to build and configure  UC on UCS?

Thanks,
Steve
This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient or entity, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of the information contained in the transmission.  If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.  You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.
There are risks associated with the use of electronic transmission.  The sender of this information does not control the method of transmittal or service providers and assumes no duty or obligation for the security, receipt, or third party interception of this transmission.