[cisco-voip] Integration between CM 7 and an Avaya switch

Bantz John F BantzJohnF at johndeere.com
Wed May 11 11:08:15 EDT 2011

Quick update for the group in case you were curious.

We did get our H.323 Tie trunk between our Avaya & Cisco systems working.

It ended up being two things.  First, on the Avaya side, there is a special application that needed to be turned on called "SA8507 - H245 support with other vendors".  This is a $0 feature, but you do have to pay Avaya a fee to update your license file and turn it on, but it was minor.  Second, we turned off "Enable Outbound FastStart" in the Gateway on the Cisco side.  After making these changes, everything came up and we are now able to make calls in both directions!

Thanks
John Bantz
John Deere - Global Infrastructure Services
515-267-4628 - office
515-314-6478 - cell
BantzJohnF at JohnDeere.Com<mailto:BantzJohnF%40JohnDeere.Com>

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.