[cisco-voip] Help with Second line

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:53:59 EDT 2011

CM 8.0
7940 phones.

I have 4 users in an office (3 clerks and one Chief).  If the Chief's phone
rings and he's not there to answer, they want to be able to pick it up.
I added them to a call pickup group, but this means when his phone rings,
they need to look at his office to see if he's there, if he's not then
pick up the phone, press More, then PckUp.

Couldn't I just add his number as their second extension?  Of course, I
wouldn't want it to ring their phone or even show Caller ID.  Just they
would look, see he's not there, then press the 2nd line button.  Is there a
nice way to do this in 8?