[cisco-voip] UCS 5108 power requirements under full load

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Fri May 13 09:01:39 EDT 2011

I thought I remembered seeing in a UCS preso that the only time a UCS
actually "required" more than 1x PSU was when you put in a B440 or B230
since they support the Xeon x75XX processors.

I have a UCS in my lab with 8x B200M1 and one of the PSUs is in a
standby state leaving only 3 active. I also just took a look at UCS
manager and each of the 3 PSUs that are active are only drawing about
425W.

I think unless you are running all of the blades at 100% capacity and
100% CPU, 100% of the time, you probably won't see 10000W usage.

+Chris

Hosted Collaboration Solution TME