[cisco-voip] Cisco 7940 with THREE LINES

Robin Clayton Robin.Clayton at rrca.org.uk
Wed May 25 03:55:08 EDT 2011

3 Options as I see it.

1) Remove the users extension and have line 1 5003 and line 2 5002
2) Change the phone for a 7961
3) Make people use one number.

Rob

===============================
Robin Clayton
Network Manager
Tel: 01228822075 >>> David Zhars <dzhars at gmail.com> 24/05/2011 17:05 >>>
I think because they come in POTS on the 2801.  But both numbers are
published, so maybe that is why....(sometimes we need to know what
number the person called in on).

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011, Robin Clayton <Robin.Clayton at rrca.org.uk> wrote:

> Is there a reason Admin has 2 numbers?
>
> You could translate 5003 to 5002 but you what would you gain over just making people dial 5002?
>
> Rob
>

> ===============================
> Robin Clayton
> Network Manager
> Tel: 01228822075 >>> David Zhars <dzhars at gmail.com> 24/05/2011 14:58 >>>
> I thought I had sent this a day or so ago, but I must not have!
>
> I'll try to explain and keep it brief!!
>
> 2801 in H.323 mode. A call center area, with an administrator out front. The CC can answer all lines, but should only answer the two admin lines if admin is not at her desk (they can see through the window). The problem being that the 7940 on the admin desk uses 1 line for her internal extension, and I see in CM the 2nd line is assigned connection plar 5002 (which is Admin line 1). How would I direct connection plar 5003 (admin line 2) to her also?? (Keeping in mind of course that if CC looks through the window and she's not there, they should pick up the ringing line on their 7914).
>
> The way it works now with plar 5002, is it rings in both spots (admin and CC). We'd like to do the same thing with 5003.
>
> Thank you!

Richard Rose Central Academy
Edgehill Road
Carlisle