[cisco-voip] SQL Query Rolls back Using UCCX DB Nodes

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:52:45 EDT 2011

Hi Shary,

*First off, did you mean to leave out the "$" on your insert statement?
That could be the problem.

Just like with any troubleshooting, you'll want to break things down a bit,
in an effort to isolate the problem.

1. Focus on select statement first

a. Can you read the table directly via a tool like query analyzer?
b. Can you read the table from a remote machine via a tool like
SQuirreL<http://www.squirrelsql.org/>
?
c. Can you read the table from a simple UCCX script and via active
debugging (no variables, hard coded values)?
d. Can you read the table from a simple UCCX script and via active
debugging (using variables for your values)?

2. Now focus on the insert statement

a. Can you modify the table directly via a tool like query analyzer?
b. Can you modify the table from a remote machine via a tool like SQuirreL?
c. Can you modify the table from a simple UCCX script and via active
debugging (no variables, hard coded values)?
d. Can you modify the table from a simple UCCX script and via active
debugging (using variables for your values)?

Knowing the answer to these questions will help you to isolate where the
problem might be.

A couple of other troubleshooting suggestions if needed:
Create a new database and table for testing (make these as simple as
possible)
Connect to a different database server for testing (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2,
etc.)

Anthony