[cisco-voip] getting DTMF but not voice when in SRST mode

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Nov 2 18:24:26 EDT 2011

I'm testing some new ACLs and am going through SRST scenario.

I have triggered SRST by adding a "deny callmanagers" line on both the voice vlan the phone is on as well as on the interfaces on the router. I have done this before without any issues.

The problem now is that I am getting not getting voice path between the PSTN and the phones that are registered to the SRST gateway.

I don't think it is an ACL issue because I am not seeing any log entries on my last deny ip any any statement on the router.

Phones registered to the SRST gateway can call each other and voice path is maintained.

Off-net calls reach the back up auto-attendant and I can dial the phone and it rings, but when you pick up the phone, you can not hear each other. However, DTMF is heard if you press the buttons on each phone.

We recently upgraded to CallManager 7.1 and IOS 15, but we had tested a simulated SRST in the past and it worked.

Any ideas?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)