[cisco-voip] Centralized TFTP and Auto Registration

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 09:28:25 EDT 2011

I think auto registration is specifically addressed in the documentation
regarding centralized TFTP. The two can't be used together.

I love the System Guide!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a02tftp.html#wp1106441

Jason Burns

When phones are configured in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager other
than the cluster where the master TFTP server is configured, and
auto-registration is enabled, and the off-cluster Cisco Unified
Communications Manager goes down, if the phones are configured to submit a
request from the centralized TFTP server, they may inadvertently get
auto-registered on the central Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Therefore, you should disable auto-registration if it is not already
disabled or delete the inadvertently registered phone after making sure
that the cluster to which it belongs is up and running.