[cisco-voip] Planning to Migrate a CUCM 7.1 to a new CUCM 8.6 Cluster with Security turned on

rschuknecht at gmx.de rschuknecht at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 07:39:14 EST 2011

Hi List,

I am currently planning a CUCM Migration from Version 7.1.5 to Version 8.6, on new Hardware. The old cluster has security turned on (CTL Client an E-Token). What makes more difficult is, we have to use the old Publisher as an centralized TFTP Server for both, the old 7.1.5 and the new 8.6 Cluster.

I thought it should be possible by doing it this way:

- Define the 8.6 TFTP-Server as alternate TFTP on the old Server
- Run the CTL-Client on the old Cluster and put the new TFTP Server in the CTL File
- Run the CTL-CLient on the new Cluster and add the old TFTP Server
- Configure the new Cluster with all Phones
- Delete the Phones on the old Cluster (Change MAC Add.)

But in this scenario the Phones would not register to the new Cluster?

Now i am looking for a strategy to configure it correctly. Any information and help is more than welcome.

/Robert