[cisco-voip] Uploading Phone Firmware for 8.5

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Tue Nov 8 11:08:04 EST 2011

You have 3 choices, and it really depends on who will be doing the fixing of the phones.

1.       Install the COP file so the default loads file points to 8.5.2s, then change the default load back to current.  Then the technician can do a factory reset on the phone and it will two step the code automatically.

2.       Do a BAT file to change the firmware on the specific phones to 8.5.2S, reset the phones, once they start getting code you can clear that field out and the phone will continue to get code.  You'd still install the 8.5.2 cop file and change back the default.

3.       If you have a small number of phones total, you can just downgrade the whole system to 8.5.2 and then push it back to the new version.  (I had to come up with a 3rd option because I said there were three at the top of the email
-Nate