[cisco-voip] ISR 2800 support in new CUCM 8.6 (and future 9.x) clusters

Ruben Montes (Europe) ruben.montes at dimensiondata.com
Wed Nov 9 05:07:43 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm upgrading customer's CCM 4.x cluster to CUCM 8.6. They're using 28xx with SRST. In the compatibility guide it says we should go to, at least, SRST 8.6 for CUCM8.x. So I need to upgrade to 15.1(4)M, which requires more RAM that we have now. Is there any way to know from the CLI the DIMMs that are being used so I know if I should to buy 512DRAM DIMMs or 256DRAM DIMMs?

If you have faced this same scenario and as 28xx have been EoS on 1/11/11, do you think it is worth invest in DRAM and CF upgrade for this platform? Last SRST version (8.8) does not support 28xx and I think the same will happen soon with IOS. Also, we can have "inside" the 28xx some old cards already in the last stages of their lifecycle like VWIC first generation, PVDM2, AIM-CUE etc.

Then, upgrade or refresh with new 29xx? What's your opinion (let's leave apart the economic question :) ?

Thanks,

Ruben