[cisco-voip] CallManagers & Gateways - controlling access

Corson, Teressa Teressa.Corson at doit.nh.gov
Mon Nov 14 13:43:37 EST 2011

The anomalies are 911 hang-up calls during weird hours when no one is working.  We have debugging turned on, waiting for the next call, but this was TAC’s suggestion to ensure that we’re not being hacked.

On the last phantom 911 call we had some debugging and syslog in place but the call does not show up in the syslog (perhaps the right debugs weren’t on) or in the CDRs.  I can understand that we might not have been logging the right info to show up in syslog but how/why can a call be made and not show up in the Call Detail Records?

Most of our calls go out a PRI, but we have 4 FXO ports with POTS lines that are used for 911 calls.  Inbound calls to those POTS numbers are rare (except for 911 calling back or a wrong number).  If an inbound call is received, CUCM sends it to a route point that is registered with Contact Center Express.  The call then goes to a Help Desk.

Thanks, again.

Teressa

Teressa Corson, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA-Voice
TSS VI, Operations
Network Operations
NH Department of Information Technology
603-223-5727
www.nh.gov/doit <http://www.nh.gov/doit>

Statement of Confidentiality:  The contents of this message are confidential.  Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either in whole or in part) is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.