[cisco-voip] 7942/62 and Energy Wise

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Nov 28 18:08:44 EST 2011

Google says:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_2_1/english/release/notes/7900_921.html#wp50106
The following Cisco Unified IP Phones (SCCP) support EnergyWise in this release:
•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G
•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G

Otherwise I find reference to this:
3rd gen phones will not have user initiated wakeup, while going into Power Save Plus mode phone will specify both sleep and wakeup time to switch. A user wishing to wake the phone must unplug and plugin the ethernet cable.

Also of interest:
CSCto29502    Remove Energywise config parameters for TNP SIP phones.

As best I can tell on initial inspection the 3rd gen phones are shutdown during power save plus mode.  That is at least enough information to open a case.

Regards,
Wes