[cisco-voip] ISR 2800 support in new CUCM 8.6 (and future

Chase Voisin chase.voisin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:55:44 EST 2011

I saw this one and I recently went through this same process of
determining memory requirements.  The most accurate way I know of
without opening the router to check the memory is do a show ver and
look for this line

Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 247808K/14336K bytes of memory.

Take your memory since it is based on two separate components and add those up

In this case it comes out to 262144.  Divide that up by 1024 and you
get your total memory expressed in MB, in this case 256 MB, too little
to run IOS 15.1.x so upgrade was needed in this case.

We looked at memoryx for our memory and compared it to Cisco. Cisco
was over 10x the cost of some of the TAC certified memory from third
party.