[cisco-voip] Understanding phone polling on CUOM

Ki Wi kiwi.voice at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 05:42:28 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,
anyone using CUOM on their environment? I'm trying to get the serial number
on each IP phone but I'm not sure what am I missing? I poll the cluster
using read only permission. Do it affect the phone polling?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/8.5/user/guide/useIPRpt.html#wp1056534

After reading the URL above, I'm still not sure what is being done. Is it
trying to poll by retrieving phone XML? Do I need to enable http web server
on each phone in order for it to work?

I can't get switch port information as well for each phone, it seems like
what I'm missing is to poll the connected switch via SNMP.