[cisco-voip] Session Border Controllers

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 06:54:46 EDT 2011

We are using Acme 3800 series instead of CUBEs when connecting SIP
trunks to IPPBX clusters (mostly CUCM and Lync so far).
They way that the CLI/configuration is designed takes some getting
used to, but I really like it.

Also they High Availability blows the CUBEs out of the water, the
standby SBC has a copy of every session and will instantly take over
in case of primary failure.

SIP header manipulation is also more powerful and easier to configure
than on CUBEs IMO. I also like session-agent-groups for outbound load
balancing/fail over.

I can highly recommend the Acmes, a big plus is that the TAC is really
good. I feel I get better/more personal support than say compared to
Cisco (due to company size I guess)
Also software patching is very fast, we logged some H323 bugs and they
were fixed almost immediately.

/Roger