[cisco-voip] Cisco IP phone and infinite DHCP lease

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:07:37 EDT 2011

at my old place of employment we did it because the 1/2 life of DHCP would
cause a short outage on the phones due to the renewing of the DHCP address.
 Thus we moved to a infinite lease time.  But we then upgraded software
hardware and in the process needed to change IP's on the CM servers.

So we needed to change the lease time to something we could easily migrate
the day of the upgrade which was 1 day.

--Scott