[cisco-voip] SCCP ip phones and in-band DTMF problem

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:28:55 EDT 2011

>From memory it would detect the dtmf mismatch and do it more or less
automagically.

If you do a 'show sccp' it should show the dtmf options.  I believe it
was inserted into the code around 12.4(11)T.  It should show a in-band
dtmf to out of band dtmf transcoding option.  This may be the problem
if it will only do it on a SIP-SIP leg rather than SCCP-SIP.

I don't think there's a way to force CME phones to use RFC 2833.  You
could loop it back through the CME via SIP and then you would have
SIP-SIP, just need some translation patterns.

-nick