[cisco-voip] What debug should I be looking at..

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:59:05 EDT 2011

I have a 3845 setup with some MGCP controlled PRIs, and sccp
controlled Conference and transcoding services. I'm getting
DeviceTransientConnection messages from CallManager about this device:

 %CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceTransientConnection: Transient
connection attempt. Connecting Port:27400 Device name [Optional].:
Device IP address [Optional].:10.x.x.x Device type. [Optional]:255
Reason Code [Optional].:6 Protocol.:SCCP IPAddressAttributes
[Optional].:0 App ID:Cisco CallManager Cluster ID:OWP-PUB-Cluster Node
ID:OWP-SUB-B

I'm getting transients approx every 8 minutes from different
subscriber, 2 at a time so i'm assuming both transcode and conference
are changing CM nodes. Doesn't appear to be affecting service to
anyone but I want to track it down anyway. I do not appear to be
getting any DeviceUnregistered entries related to these devices.

gigabit interfaces on the gateway and the upstream routers up to call
manager look clean, no errors or drops.

Are there any IOS debugs that would help me figure out what is going
on here? Currently on 15.0(1)M2, don't see any bugs related to sccp or
call manager.

--
Ed Leatherman