[cisco-voip] CUPS 8.5 video

Dana Tong Dana.Tong at telstraivision.com
Thu Sep 1 03:42:03 EDT 2011

I had a customer who had these issues also. We ran wireshark on the PC. You should be able to see the CAST handshake packets between the PC and the phone.
If you are not seeing the frequent Tx and Rx then it may be related to firewall or Host Intrusion software.

You can just type CAST in the Wireshark Filter box.

I believe CUPC uses CDP to detect the phone/ IP address and then establishes a CAST connection to exchange capabilities.

Cheers
Dana