[cisco-voip] Determining if a DID block is available?

William Paris wparis at independenthealth.com
Thu Sep 1 08:16:06 EDT 2011

You are correct Jason, number portability come into effect. But for recently assigned blocks, say, less than 1 year old.. . there is a good chance the original-assigned carriers still own those blocks.

I previously mentioned using the NANPA website to find those recently assigned blocks. However, NANPA's 'resolution', as pointed out by Bob (not sure if that post made it to the list), is only good in blocks of 10,000.

There is another site called the Local Calling Guide located here:

http://www.localcallingguide.com

Their database resolution is 1,000 block, not 10,000 and may prove more useful locating 'fresh' blocks recently assigned to your carrier. Good luck...    Bill