[cisco-voip] Now, 7206

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:22:12 EDT 2011

Hi Joseph,

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Joseph Mays <mays at win.net> wrote:
> Well, this sort of thing keeps happening. Now, I'm working on a Cisco 7206
> running c7200-is-mz.123-22.bin. The feature navigator is quite clear that
> qos and autoqos-voip are supported on this router.
>
> Go to global config, enter "mls qos" to enable qos -- invalid input at
> global config.

"mls qos" is a Catalyst switch thing. It doesn't apply to routers.

Just go ahead and configure your class-maps, policy-maps and
service-policy statements as normal.

12.3(22) is pretty ancient these days - you should consider running
12.4(15)T or newer in the 12.4T train -- perhaps even 15.x.

Assuming you stick with 12.3, this would seem to be the most
appropriate configuration guide:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ftautoq1.html

cheers,
Dale