[cisco-voip] RTMT > Collect Files > returns file when nothing for that date/time range exist

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Sep 6 14:25:51 EDT 2011

By "it" I believe he means:

File collection needs to error out if files are not present. , Open CSCsj80824

Compliments of the TAC hot issues list:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080937324.shtml
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

/wes

On Sep 6, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Ryan Ratliff wrote:

You've noted the intended behavior.  The reasoning is that since the file timestamp is from when the file was last written if no file can be found with a timestamp during the specified window then RTMT will grab the oldest file in the hope that when it was created it will have data from some part of your requested time period.   This is nothing more than grasping at straws and I've never seen it get anything useful.

The only bug that exists for this behavior is an enhancement that's several years old and going nowhere fast.  We've been trying to get it fixed for some time but what is needed is a customer pushing this via an account team.

-Ryan