[cisco-voip] Hunt Group gets stuck

Haas, Neal nhaas at co.fresno.ca.us
Thu Sep 8 10:44:32 EDT 2011

OK I have a strange problem; I think just with 7942 phones, I don't remember seeing this on any other phone type. When phones are in a broadcast hunt group, all phones ring just 1 time then hang up....

When I go to investigate the issue this is usually just one phone in a Hung state, which is when you call the hunt group it rings once then hangs up. If you wait 2 to 4 hours it will self-correct and work without an issue. In some cases I have been told that it happens almost the same times every day.

I have tried:

1.       Applying config = No results.

2.       Unplugging phone = No results.

3.       Calling out = works with no issue.

4.       Turning the POE off on the switch = some success but not 100% effective.

5.       Replacing phone with an exact copy works.

What do I need to do to help solve this mystery and how do I trouble shoot a phone problem like this?

LOAD File:SCCP42.9-1-1sr1s
BOOT Load ID tnp42.8-3-1-21.a.bin

Thanks for any pointers.

Neal Haas