[cisco-voip] CUC 8.5.1SU2 HA cluster over WAN long pause after login

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 19:48:22 EDT 2011

Anybody encounter an issue where user logs into voice mailbox and encounters a pause up to 7s before it states their name and the same length pause before it starts playback of any recorded messages?

This is CUC 8.5.1SU2 clustered over the WAN. I've already bounced both servers which cut the pause from around 10s to 5s and then swapped roles from primary to secondary and then back which has shortened but not gotten rid of a 2s pause.

At first I thought it might have been a user just not saying anything for the first few seconds of their recorded name but after hearing the same pause on three different user phones, it's obviously not that.

All voice mail ports look kosher. DB status is kosher. It's just plain oddball.