[cisco-voip] R: Re: Change Cucm Publishger Server Name

kpyib at tin.it kpyib at tin.it
Wed Sep 28 02:48:06 EDT 2011

Hi Adam, and thank you for your answer.

I need to change Publisher server name due to an interoperability problem with Polycom Kirk Wireless Server  DECT over IP system.

On a remote site I've installed 20 DECT over IP Base Station with a redundant KWS6000 Server. The server as multi SIP proxy configuration that enable the fall back procedure when Publisher or Subscriber fail to local cisco SRST.

These Fallback doesn't work for me, so I opened a Ticket with polycom support, that reply to me these:

Regarding your configuration of the Proxies for failover, I’m sorry to inform you that our Cisco setup manual is out of date, the setup that you have followed is not accurate, we are redoing it as we speek.
When you enter a IP address in the Default Domain field, the system will NEVER fall over to the proxies!
What you need to do is to fill out a Domain name for the Cisco Call managers instead of the Ipaddress. The Domain name is the CUCM’s Publisher name and is found below:
This is where to find this in the call manager
Path for CUCM Publisher server name settings:
 Cisco Unified CM Administration -> System -> Cisco Unified CM -> select CUCM Publisher server -> section "Server Information" -> field "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Name"

So, I need to change the publisher and subscriber name, from ipaddress to a friendly name.

Do you confirm that these does not have any impact? I'll need to reboot the cluster?

Thank you very much!

Alessandro Bertacco