[cisco-voip] Device Pack installation question

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 17:19:12 EDT 2011

I found this line in a 7.1.x device pack readme, which is the same as
old windows version device packs. If your running a device pack to add
support for a new phone/etc you need to do a cluster wide reboot, but
if the device pack just upgrades firmware for existing phone/device
types you don't need to reboot. You may need to manually restart the
TFTP service (not sure if the device pack install does that).

>From 7.1.x device pack readme,

When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a
cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register
successfully.   A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to
update existing firmware/support.