[cisco-voip] Jabber for Mac invalid voice mail credentials when LDAP auth is enabled in Unity Connection

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 05:31:58 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Roger Wiklund <roger.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Bernhard Albler
> <bernhard.albler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is a known Bug in 8.6.1 regarding to SELinux and LDAP Auth.
>> Can you try setting the security setting to permissive and see if it helps?
>> You can do this by running the following command on the CLI:
>> utils os secure permissive
>>
> Hi, I'm running the latest and greatest (except Jabber)
>
> CUCM - 8.6.2.21900-5
> CUC -  8.6.2.21900-5
> CUPS -  8.6.3.10000-20
> Jabber - 8.6.2.18515
>
> Do you have the bugid?
>
> Thanks
>
> /Roger

Found it.

CSCty05524 Bug Details  Bug #6 of 7 | < Previous | Next >

 UC 8.6.2.21009-1 - IMAP authentication failed when using LDAP directory.
Symptom:
Unity Connection IMAP access failed due to SELinux enforcing mode.

Conditions:
This is observed when users are authenticated through LDAP.

Workaround:
Switch the SELinux mode to permissive using the following CLI command:

utils os secure permissive

It says fixed in 8.6(2.21900.5) but you never know, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

/Roger