[cisco-voip] PhoneProxy and CTL file modification

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:10:48 EDT 2012

The ASA completely takes care of generating the CTL file for the Phone
Proxy feature that gets presented to Phone Proxy Phones. The ASA needs to
have the correct CCM certificates uploaded (primarily the CAPF certificate)
so that the ASA can bundle the CAPF certificate in the CTL file it
generates.

You don't import the CTL from the CUCM into the ASA, you import
certificates from the CUCM, and the ASA generates a brand new CTL file and
signs it with its own key.

When you move phones inside to outside or outside to inside you need to
delete the CTL file from the phone manually.

-Jason