[cisco-voip] rehosting SRST license

Leslie Meade lmeade at salientnetworks.com
Tue Apr 17 16:13:13 EDT 2012

This is what my co worker was told

Thank you so much for your patience. After researching your question
concerning SRST license transfer from Cisco 2800 to Cisco 2900, I have
determined that no, you cannot transfer the SRST license from Cisco2800 to
Cisco2900. You can transfer from G2 router to G2 router but not with G1 to
G2 router. You would then need to get 75 new SRST licenses for the
Cisco2900 according to Licensing. This is also available on SRST Q&A,
please see link below:

Q. If I am upgrading my Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) from
Generation 1 (G1) to Generation 2 (G2), can I reuse my existing SRST
licenses?

A. No. New licenses are needed.

Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) and Cisco Unified
Enhanced SRST (E SRST)
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps2169/prod_qas0900aecd8028d113.html

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Ted Nugent <tednugent73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pretty sure you need partners access, if you have it here's the link.
>

> http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/technology/ipc/uc_tech_readiness.html
>

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>
>>  Is the ordering guide public? Can you provide a link?
>>
>> And why haven't they updated the references to 2800 to 2900. ;)
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone...
>>
>> "There's no place like 127.0.0.1"
>>
>> On Apr 17, 2012, at 3:32 PM, Ted Nugent <tednugent73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   You got 2 different answers from the licensing team at Cisco??? Say it
>> isn't so!!!!
>>
>> </sarcasm>
>>
>> This is from the 8.5 ordering guide.
>>
>>  Customers can migrate Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express or
>> SRST Feature License
>> from one router to another for the same number of phones licensed. For
>> example a customer currently
>> using a Cisco 2621XM with FL-SRST-SMALL license for 24 phones can apply
>> this same license on a
>> new Cisco 2851 for up to 25 phones. As the Cisco 2851 supports 100
>> phones, if the customer wants to
>> support more than 25 phones, they need to purchase an additional FL-SRST
>> license to make up the
>> different between the 24 phones license and the 100 supported.
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Leslie Meade <lmeade at salientnetworks.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Can any one tell me if I can rehome my 250 seat SRST license on my isr
>>> g1 to a g2?
>>>
>>> I have logged a ticket with licenseing who pushed it off to tac and they
>>> say yes, but my co-worker also did it and was told no.
>>>
>>> Leslie
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Salient Service
>>> 760.930.2636, support at salientnetworks.com
>>> Request Line (moves adds and changes only)
>>> 760.930.2699, macs at salientnetworks.com

Salient Service
760.930.2636, support at salientnetworks.com
Request Line (moves adds and changes only)
760.930.2699, macs at salientnetworks.com