[cisco-voip] Live from partner summit: jabber for free

Bernhard Albler bernhard.albler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:58:16 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Matthew Loraditch
<MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com> wrote:
> Just announced jabber server(? This part confuses me, unclear if they mean cups or what) and client for free...
> Devil I'm sure will be in the details... But thought you all might like to hear this
Actually I'm assuming the devil is not in the details this time.
As far as i can tell the announcement is for Presence/IM only. This is
very much the same way MS sells Lync.
Base CAL (IM Presence) is pretty much free for most companies but once
you need Voice or Video you need to license more stuff.

Good move I think.
/bernhard